I love breakfast, it's my favourite meal of the day. Despite that, it's not a meal I usually make a huge effort over, supplementing toast or cereal with a pot of fresh coffee and various bits grabbed from the cupboards and the fridge. Today we've both got the day off so I went to town a little on our brekkie and made pancakes. And quite a large mess!
225g plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
475ml/16floz soya milk
2 tbsps oil
halved strawberries, blueberries and banana slices to garnish
1. Sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
2. Add the wet ingredients and mix gently until mixed.
3. Pour batter onto a hot non-stick pan. Pour a small amount for thicker 'american-style' pancakes or pour more and spread around the pan for thinner, larger pancakes. Flip pancake over and cook the other side until golden brown.
4. Repeat until all the batter has been used.
5. Top with maple syrup and fresh fruit.
*Recipe from How it all Vegan / Tanya Barnard & Sarah Kramer