Sunday 1 May 2011

Tofu, Mangetout, Potato & Tomato Salad


I made this using Taifun basil tofu which is just about the most delicious thing I've ever eaten. At two quid odd a packet it's not too cheap, but I only used about two-thirds for this salad which could serve four. Well, it would have done if I hadn't wolfed most of it in one sitting with some fresh bread, houmous and homemade ginger beer.

To make the salad I used boiled new potatoes, Taifun basil tofu, mangetout, orange pepper and some cherry tomatoes. Mix it all together and drizzle over the dressing (see below).

For the dressing: 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice, 4 tbsps olive oil, 1 garlic clove crushed, handful chopped fresh thyme leaves, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix together and season to taste.

*Recipe adapted from the May 2011 issue of Cook Vegetarian magazine.

1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing. Wonder if they sell that tofu in Nottingham..

    ReplyDelete